Friday, January 9, 2015

Just Finished Two Sheaths

 
Some much-needed supplies just arrived from Tandy Leather Factory, so I wasted no time in getting some sheaths done.  This is a new design (new to me, at least) that I came up with to make a knife easier to carry.  The end of the belt loop is held in place with a strap around the sheath and secured with a snap, which not only looks pretty classy, but also allows you to get the knife on and off your belt without unbuckling it.  The origin of the idea was to make it more convenient to carry a small fixed blade knife as an "everyday carry," but it works just as well and looks just as good on larger knives.  My favorite thing about these sheaths, particularly on the smaller knife if I were to carry it as an EDC, is that the entire package is quite slim and rides close to the body, so that even if it is not concealed, it is at least discreet and unobtrusive.  And of course both sheaths have excellent retention.

I have posted both of these for sale on Craigslist, $160 for the larger knife and $100 for the smaller one, 10% discount for bitcoin.

No comments:

Post a Comment